In our journey to achieve our goals, we made friends and built partner relations with extraordinary companies from all around the world. We collaborate closely with each of our partners on many different levels to deliver value to our customers and make our product available to their local markets.
In these series of articles, it is our pleasure to introduce you to the companies whose commitment has contributed to the growth of ScheduleReader, and who we are fortunate and proud to call our partners.
Meet our Partner – Milestone
Today we are joined by Mark and Paul from Milestone UK, our partners and official product resellers for the ScheduleReader and SchedulecCleaner product in the UK and Ireland.
Mark, Paul, tell us a bit more about the company and the Milestone name.
- Milestone has been a trading name associated with project controls and planning since 1994, mainly in the UK & Ireland but with a global presence too. The trading name has been constant, although there have been a couple of different owners behind it.
We have always been a relatively modest company concentrating on experience and expertise in what we do to deliver the best outcomes for clients.
Apart from the services, Milestone also distributes and implements project management systems and tools, correct? Do you specialise in a certain branch, industry or specific products as well?
- Yes, that’s correct. Project management and capital planning solutions and services are essentially our core business. Our experience and offeringsare applicable across many industry types and are therefore broad in that sense.
We have always anchored our capabilities around the world’s leading planning tool, Primavera, and the various incarnations since its early P3 version up to the Primavera P6 solution of today, along with the extended suite of Primavera offerings.
Around that, we have always also provided what in our opinion are excellent enhancements, add-ons if you will, to Primavera P6 in the form of other software, as well as expert services.
These have always been focused on making the working life of the project professional simpler.
We have been working closely since the early days of ScheduleReader. What were your first thoughts and impressions when you first learned of ScheduleReader?
- With the absence of a view only license for P6, it was just a matter of time before someone created a solution like ScheduleReader.
For planners to use their time doing what they do best with planning, and leaving the manipulation of the data available to those who need it rather than in a static format is obvious, but not always done.
What is the most common reaction you have received when you introduced ScheduleReader to a scheduler or project manager from a company? Can you share some of that feedback?
- To coin a phrase, it does exactly what it says on the tin, and with an attractive price point of course.
Which features stand out the most in ScheduleReader?
- The UI. To a P6 user, the product is easy to use and to those who aren’t used to planning tools it is still intuitive. also progressing is a useful tool, and of course the graphical reporting in the Pro version.
In addition to the ScheduleReader, customers can also turn to you to learn more about ScheduleCleaner, another innovative tool that complements the Primavera P6 environments and makes schedulers life easier. What can you tell us about this tool?
- An excellent and easy to use tool to “clean” planning data in a variety of ways for whatever purpose is needed.
What do you think the most important benefits for companies to adopt the Reader and Cleaner alongside the different Primavera tools are?
- ScheduleReader and Cleaner are complimentary tools to Primavera P6. They add to its capability and save time for the project planner and the people they send reports to.
ScheduleReader allows a user to see more project detail than a typical PDF document would give them. They can simply create their own views of a schedule rather hassling the planner to send them different ones. But as they aren’t touching the actual Primavera data themselves, it keeps non-planners away from damaging the core P6 data.
It’s easy for a Primavera database to become polluted with rogue project codes and fields when, week after week, P6 schedules from third parties are being imported into it. Equally, when a user sends a schedule to someone else, they might want to remove some data before they do. ScheduleCleaner helps handle these problems for the user and keeps the Primavera database protected.
Where do you see the biggest benefit to the customer that is a product of our partner relations?
- Levels of service. Expert local knowledge with an excellent vendor behind it.
This March, we will be organising two free live webinar events, where project professionals will have the opportunity to learn more about the ScheduleReader, and the ScheduleCleaner, two P6 companion products from our growing software innovation portfolio.
Is there anything you would like to add about this event?
- Don’t miss it!
Click on the image to learn more about this event and register!
ScheduleReaderTM is compatible with and can be used with Oracle® Primavera® P6®. It is an independently developed reader product by Synami® and it is not a product of Oracle®, nor is it endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with or by Oracle®. Oracle®, Primavera® and P6® are registered trademarks and brands of Oracle® Corporation and/or its affiliates.
Milestone are official product resellers for the ScheduleReader and SchedulecCleaner products.
You can also learn more about these products and their availability in the United Kingdom and Ireland through the Milestone website.